Are you looking for a reliable cleaner or gardening help for your home? What do you need to consider when hiring? Our guide gives valuable tips on how to find the right household help.



Personal liability insurance generally covers damage to property or personal injury inflicted by somebody on another person. While not mandatory, it is highly recommended. Nevertheless, even if personal liability insurance is taken out, this does not automatically mean that all damage is covered. Damage arising during the performance of work activities is generally excluded from the insurance cover. Cover is, however, provided in some cases for damage arising from a secondary employment activity. This cover differs, however, depending on the insurance company in question.

Under certain circumstances, supplementary insurance cover is required or – depending on the scope – even professional liability insurance. Due to the different terms and conditions of insurance, you are best advised to discuss the situation with your insurance company and clarify the specific coverage needs – this applies to you as the employer or principal and to your household helper. We recommend that you do not only rely on verbal information and also request a written confirmation of cover from the insurance company.

This article: